Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- I've never responded to a tender before, is Better Tenders suitable for me?
- Why should I use Better Tenders when I usually use the services of XYZ tender consultants to prepare my company's tenders?
- How do I order a copy of Better Tenders?
- How do I get further information about Better Tenders?
- I am outside of Australia, will Better Tenders still be of use to me?
- Will Better Tenders write my tender response for me?
- Will I still need to get my own specialist legal/accounting advice regarding tenders I respond to now that I have a copy of Better Tenders?
- I live in a country that uses NTSC televisions and DVD players, can I still watch Better Tenders?
- I have a suggestion regarding how to tender better, can I make it for inclusion in future issues of Better Tenders?
Better Tenders is suitable for the experienced and the beginner alike. The insights gained from working through the package will help to give you the edge when responding to tenders. The DVD, CD and book allows you to learn at your own pace and to revisit sections of interest as required.
Why should I use Better Tenders when I usually use the services of XYZ tender consultants/writers to prepare my company's tenders?
Whilst a consultant or tender writer may help you to be successful in the short run, there are problems with engaging these services:
- Every tender prepared by an external party means you lose the intellectual property gained through the tender process.
- Their motivation is to perform the services to get paid, your motivation is to win business.
- You typically are required to pay a fee for service, which over time adds up.
- They will never know your business as well as you do.
Better Tenders addresses each of these problems and importantly helps you improve your tender management skills.
To order a copy of the Better Tenders package, please go to the orders page. Payment can be made by either using a standard credit card or PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to purchase.
If your question has not already been answered on the frequently asked questions page, you can contact us with any further questions you may have related to Better Tenders.
While legislative and specific tendering requirements vary from country to country, the general principles of responding to tenders are common across the world. Better Tenders has been produced from a region-neutral perspective, so you will still gain a better understanding of how to respond to tenders by working through the Better Tenders psckage.
Please visit the links section for country-specific procurement links.
Better Tenders is designed to guide you through the tendering process and to help you to improve your tender process skills. Unlike a consultant or proposal writing service, you will prepare the response to the tender using what you have learnt from Better Tenders. This means you gain the skill and intellectual property involved in submitting a tender. The Better Tender solution is far more cost effective in the long run for your organisation rather than paying someone else to complete the tender for you and losing the resulting IP.
Will I still need to get my own specialist legal and accounting advice regarding tenders I respond to now that I have a copy of Better Tenders?
Yes, you will need to ensure you have sought your own specific legal/accounting advice regarding tenders you submit. Better Tenders is not a substitute for professional advice relevant to your particular situation.
The Better Tenders DVD is provided as a PAL, region free DVD. This means you will either need a PAL compatiable DVD player and television to view this DVD. Please check with the manufacturer of your equipment.
Most computers and laptops should have no trouble playing PAL DVDs, even if you live in an NTSC standard country. The audio CD and book are of course internationally compatiable.
I have a suggestion regarding how to tender better, can I provide it for inclusion in future issues of Better Tenders?
Better Tenders was developed and researched using the experiences of tender practitioners on both sides of the tender. You are welcome to make suggestions or comment on your experiences tendering. Further improvements are always possible and encouraged.
Please leave your suggestion via a comment on our contacts page.